Thursday, November 15, 2007

Enough is Enough

I think it's positive that "Enough is Enough" are sending a message that rappers and what goes on in their music videos is not a reflection on nonwhite minorities.

I've heard from some black people that modern rap and its accompying images paints the American black race in a negative light. I think that rap videos further common black stereotypes such as they are more likely to commit crimes and degrade women because these are common things in just about EVERY rap video.

A rep. even stated that the campaign is not "anti-hip hop" or "anti-BET" but rather an attack on the stereotypes they perpetuate. This makes me think even more so that it's a sensible and much-needed camapign.

A protestor said that "rap just isn't rap anymore." I agree for the most part. I miss Run DMC.

No comments: